Do you know all there is to know about dry mouth? If so, it’s time to test your knowledge! The more you know about dry mouth, the better. This is because it’s a common dental problem that inconveniences many people. It could even inconvenience you! The more you know about dry mouth, the better chance you have of preventing, dealing with and treating it. So, our dentist, Dr. Adriane Graham, encourages you to test your dry mouth knowledge by taking the following dry mouth quiz!
1. True or False: Dry mouth involves the production of high amounts of saliva.
2. True or False: Dry mouth increases your chances of suffering tooth decay.
3. True or False: Saliva isn’t needed because it doesn’t do much for the mouth.
4. Dry mouth can be caused by:
A. Cancer therapy
B. Autoimmune disorders
E. Certain medications
G. All of the above
5. Dry mouth can be prevented by:
A. Avoiding tobacco products
B. Avoiding caffeine and sugary and acidic foods and drinks
C. Sipping water throughout the day
D. Chewing sugar-free gum regularly
E. All of the above
1. B (It involves the low production of saliva)
3. B (Saliva is important because it cleans the mouth regularly)
To learn more about dry mouth in Inglewood, California, please contact Dr. Graham's Dental Wellness Center when you have the chance. Our dental team is here to help you in any way we can, even if it’s just by answering your questions. So, please call 310-742-6088 today. We look forward to hearing from you!